Monday, November 30, 2009

The Secret City is coming!

Image Credit: Alton

A friend of Obscure Games, Allen Hahn, has graciously offered to re-open his Secret City game for us to play. The Secret City is, well, I'll let Allen tell you:

"The Secret City is back on Sunday, December 13 for two showings beginning at 10am and 2pm at the Braddock Carnegie Library at 419 Library Street in Braddock.

The Secret City experience lies at the crossroads of theatre, installation, urban exploration, game play and storytelling and garnered enthusiastic praise from the people who played it in June:

"I had been [to the library] a number of times… but in the context of the game it seemed like an entirely new place."
"I felt like I was dropped into the middle of a novel, rather than starting at the beginning."
"Certain phrases [from the story] struck me… and made me want to keep playing."
"Another thing that was great about the library as a setting was being able to use the library itself to solve clues."

All you need to participate is a cell phone that can send and receive text messages, two free hours and a healthy dose of curiosity! It will be a blast and I'd really love to hear your feedback on taking it to the next level."

There you have it. Space is limited, so please register to play at:

No comments:

Post a Comment